Both plot 1 and plot 2 are done and planted up (mostly) and so my focus will really turn toward plot 3 this month.
The main thing I will need to do on plots 1 & 2 is weeding and mowing the grass as well as general care of the plants.
One thing that still needs doing on plot 1 is to fill the carrot bed and sow some carrots – if I am lucky we might actually get some carrots this year!
On plot 3:
- dig over the rest of the ‘permanent’ bed and plant oca plants
- dig over bed 2 and plant brussels sprouts
- keep grass mown and trim bed edges
- tidy up raspberry area; remove old dead plants and grass
- Burn weeds and green waste
- Take rubbish to the tip!
Although this seems like a small amount to do compared to previous months, I know that keeping on top of weeding and mowing will take up at least half of our time!
At home, I will start planning for winter and spring to make sure that I have harvests all year round!